When it comes to wellbeing, we put our people first
We’re committed to providing integrated health and wellbeing for all of our people whatever their working environment. Why? So we can support everyone at MTC to be their best, which will ensure they’re also providing the best support to service users and young people.
And, just as importantly, so that we can help everyone who works here create a healthy work-life balance.
Our Wellbeing Strategy is designed to make wellbeing part of everyday life. It’s driven by directors, managers, colleagues, unions and more. All of which means it’s able to promote a range of health and wellbeing initiatives to our people, it can monitor how well we’re doing in implementing those initiatives, and it helps us develop and fund new initiatives.
After all, being the difference means being your best – and here are some of the initiatives that can help you do just that.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We’ve partnered with Health Assured to provide a 24 hour, seven days a week helpline. This is a completely confidential support service which is available to you and your immediate family.
- Mental Health First Aiders - We now have 43 trained Mental Health Aiders across our organisation, and they’re always available if you have any concerns about yourself or a colleague.
- Mental Health Toolkit - We’ve created a Mental Health Toolkit to help raise awareness of your own and your colleagues mental health. It’s designed to support you as you take positive steps to look after your mental health.
- Women's Aid - We’ve partnered with Women's Aid – a national charity that’s working to end domestic abuse against women and children.
- Wellbeing in the City - Samaritans - Wellbeing in the City is a free online learning tool run by the Samaritans that gives employees the skills to intervene when someone is struggling, actively listen and manage difficult conversations. Our people can use it to manage their own mental wellbeing, and can access two bite sized, flexible learning modules.
- Wellbeing Ambassadors - Our first Wellbeing Champions meeting was held in January 2019 as a project aimed to share good practice and wellbeing initiatives across our business. As part of the Autumn 2020 re-launch of the Wellbeing Strategy and Framework they were re-named Wellbeing Ambassadors.
- Time to Talk - We commit, as an organisation, to fighting the stigma around, and start conversations about mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Clinical Supervision - We have a programme of Clinical Supervision that we offer to our frontline employees to help support the impact of their practice.
- Together Programme - Wellbeing initiative introduced during Covid-19 to bring people together virtually. Supporting and building relationships with those in need or working in isolation.
- Managing stress - We’ve developed our own Stress Management Policy here at MTC, and it has been designed to make sure we take a uniform approach to stress management across our organisation. To ensure our people are aware of our policy, we’ve also created an online training module, and you’ll find more about this when you join us.
- FUSE - FUSE is our Learning and Development platform which has a library of interactive resources available to support your phyisical, mental and emotional wellbeing. These range from webinars, videos, interactive community groups, articles and peer learning.
My strength is that I’ve got a lot of patience, even in difficult situations, and I think that’s where I make a difference to people.
Service users look up to me, which I think is a good thing, because a lot of them have not had any direction in life… that’s the difference I want them to feel.
A lot of the time, service users have never had respect before, and I like to think that I’m the difference they need to inspire change in their lives.
I have lots of positive conversations with service users, and this is definitely where I feel like I’m able to be the difference they’re looking for.
It’s always our aim to be the difference in someone’s life. It makes me feel so much better… and then I know I’ve done a great job.
We’re not in it for the money. Being the difference by making small changes in people’s lives is why we’re here.
I know for certain, without a doubt, that I wouldn’t be here today without MTC's constant support and encouragement. They have definitely made a meaningful change to my life.